- R.A. LONGSTAFF NAMIBIA as a specialised drilling contractor has a fully incorporated HSEC POLICY in conjunction with a 5 year HSEC Continuous Improvement plan in place to attain ISO 18001 and is also able to adapt the Client’s HSEC Systems into its safety management systems and follow their standards of implementation, monitoring, auditing whilst continually improving its own safety standards.
- The Company has on each site its own site Safety Officer who will constantly liase with the relevant Client’s personnel in implementing OHSE standards as applicable to the company operations.
- Maintain a safe working environment by a positive proactive approach involving the Client wherever possible when carrying out reviews of operations.
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees at all times undertake ongoing safety training for all employees and carry out refresher training to enhance site safety awareness at regular intervals.
- Carry out Internal and External audit programs to ensure we meet world-class standards in safety.
- Abide by the “Take 5” program:
- Think through the Task
- Look for the Hazard
- Assess the Risk
- Remove or Manage the Risk
- Do the Job Safely
- Partner with Clients to attain environmental excellence.
- Be a leader in environmental stewardship.
- Promote a sustainable development policy that mandates zero harm to the environment on our geotechnical projects.
- R.A. LONGSTAFF NAMIBIA carries out Risk Assessments on all operations to be undertaken on a contract and develops Safe Working Procedures for each operation to be carried out.
- All Staff are trained in the relevant SWP’s to undertake each operation in a safe workmanlike manner.
- SWP’s and Staff performance are continually monitored and the systems are in place to regularly update as necessary.